Accidents happen and in many cases someone else or something else is at fault and these accident victims have a right to compensation with the representation of a personal injury lawyer.
An injury lawyer will need the following details from you:
- the date of the accident and where and how it happened;
- the contact details for any witness(es);
- the details of your injuries, medical diagnosis and treatment received so far;
- whether you are a member of a trade union;
- proof of any financial expenses which are the result of your injury;
- documents relating to any insurance policies you have (such as household or motor insurance) to check whether these will cover the legal costs of your claim; and
- any document that can be used to support your claim.
You should bring as many of the documents listed above as possible to our meeting in order that we can progress a potential claim as quickly as possible. If you have had an injury at work or in a public place, photos of the hazard would be useful.
Once we have reviewed the documentation that you provide to us, we will be able to give an indication of how likely your case is to succeed and how much you might be able to claim in accident compensation.
Please note that it will be necessary for us to have you examined by one of our hundreds of medical experts to assess your injuries and thus the amount of your personal injury compensation.
Simon McIlwaine has been a member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel since 1994, has handled thousands of accident claims since 1990 and is one of the leading personal injury solicitors in the Croydon, Wallington and Sutton region.
Please contact Simon by email at SimonM@carpenterssolicitors.co.uk or by telephone on 020 8669 5145 for further information.
All aspects of Civil Litigation including: Employment disputes, Personal injury claims, Clinical Negligence claims, Landlord and Tenant disputes, Debt Recovery, Boundary Disputes.